MR DRIVER WITH DANGEROUS GOODS LICENCE
Nowchem is a long established family owned business manufacturing a wide range of chemicals predominantly for the water and waste water treatment industries. Nowchem is based in the beautiful Shoalhaven region of NSW.
Due to expansion in our logistics team, we currently have a fulltime position available for a MR Driver with Dangerous Goods Licence.
Working as part of our dedicated logistics team, you will be delivering detergents, disinfectants and water treatment chemicals (DG and non-DG) in various pack sizes to our customers based on customer requirments and delivery roster.
This varied role includes:
- Pre Loading of truck for next day deliveries
- Pre delivery check list on trucks and other company vehicles
- Pump out of liquid product from IBC’s to customer tanks
- Multi drop role
- Load restraint
- Follow route and keep to time schedules
- Potential for hand unloading
- Keeping truck clean and in good order
- Warehouse duties as required including picking and packing orders, receiving in and putting away goods
- Vehicle inspection and reporting on any issues
- Operate company vehicles safely with due respect to the well-being of both personnel and mechanical equipment
- Responsible and accountable for a safe working environment, reporting on safety incidents and truck maintenance requirements
- Daily completion of all documentation as per loads and delivery dockets, time sheets etc
The person we are looking for will be a self-starter who enjoys a variety of tasks, displays a strong safety culture, has a positive can-do attitude, a commitment to following procedures and the have the ability to develop effective working relationships with customers and peers.
Above award wages.
The minimum requirements for this position are a:
- Current drivers licence – minimum MR (Manual)
- Dangerous Goods Licence
- Current forklift licence
- Clean Driving record for the past 2 years (RMS driving history required)
- Good physical fitness as multi drops can include up to 20 deliveries.
This is a fulltime position, 38 hours per week. This role is not just ‘driving’ its picking, packing and unloading.
You will be required to meet Nowchem’s employment criteria; which includes, licence check, RMS history check and be able to pass drug and alcohol tests.
Please note this position requires regular heavy lifting of finished goods, which weigh up to 20kgs each.
Nowchem is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a culture which fosters diversity, respect, collaboration, accountability and has a strong customer focus.
To apply, please email a covering letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org