Nowchem manufacture a range of chemical products for industry, the home and for specialised applications on a contract manufacturing basis.
The company can make to your formula or help in developing your own range of products using our laboratory facilities and Industrial Chemists.
- Cleaning Products
- Industrial Chemicals
- Organic Reactions
- Wax Emulsions
- Pharmaceutical Products
|Alum Reactor||• The alum reactor will produce 30T batches of 8% Alum Sulphate.|
• Capacity is 90T per day.
• Storage for alum is 250T
|Blending Reactors||These have excellent heating and cooling for polymer reactions.|
• Sizes include 9,000L, 3,000L, 1,200L and 200L.
• Reactors can be gas purged with CO2, nitrogen or clean air.
• All have variable speed mixers
|Bulk Blending||• There are 5 large blending tanks ranging in size from 8,000L to 25,000L|
• Tanks contain heating and cooling coils for temperatures up to 50oC
• These are supplemented by 8 tanks from 4,000L down to 400L.
|FMA Room||The Flammables Mixing area has three tanks connected to air pumps for loading product and pumps out finished stock.|
• The 1200L tank is water heated to 50oC for premixes.
• Tanks are 5,000L, 2,400 & 1,200L
|Pharmaceutical||The “Thera Cell” is a TGA approved manufacturing area.It contains 3 x 3000L tanks, one which is heated.|
• Filling line for 100ml to 5L containers.
• Cream Mixing
• Tube Sealing
• Ink Jet Printing and coding
• RO water plant
• Decanting of raw materials
|Other Equipment||• This includes a 3,000L wax emulsion plant and homogeniser.|
• Bulk Blending, 18,000L connected to homogenisers.
• Filling line from 100ml to 5L bottles
• Bulk Storage
|Other Activities||• Contract packing of liquids and creams|
• Small powder blends
• Bulk Caustic and acid deliveries from 1,000L to 20,000L
• TGA legislated products, such as sunscreens and alcohol gels
• Ag/Vet, APVMA products
|Transport||Nowra Chemicals delivers into Sydney on a daily basis and also runs a 10, 6 and 2 tonne transport fleet to supplement external contract carriers to both in Sydney and the South Coast markets. All drivers are Dangerous Goods licenced.|
|Certifications||ISO 9001 certified since 1993|
TGA – GMP Licence
Organic Certification for Cosmetics
Registered with NICNAS for manufacturing
Working to ISO 14000
Member of PACIA Responsible Care
Participating Business Treading Lightly Green House Reduction
Cleaner Production award
|Cosmetic Manufacturing||• Certified Via OFC for Organics|
• New 200sq.m Certified Organic Are
• Mixing from 50L to 1,500L
• Filling From 30ml to 1L
• New Ultrasonic Tube Sealer
• Creams and liquids blending