Lets not become complacent!
Unfortunately, Covid-19 is knocking on our door yet again and whilst wearing a mask is useful (and now compulsory), it is not the only step we should be taking in preventing the spread of Covid-19.
- close contact with an infectious person (including in the 48 hours before they had symptoms).
- contact with droplets from an infected person’s cough or sneeze.
- touching objects or surfaces (like doorknobs or tables) that have droplets from an infected person, and then touching your mouth or face.
There is no existing immunity in our community, this means that COVID-19 could spread widely and quickly.
We must protect ourselves and others, to do this we must:
Practice Good Hygiene
* use alcohol-based hand sanitisers when you can’t use soap and water (there is limited evidence that alcohol-free hand rubs are effective against COVID-19).
* avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
* clean and disinfect surfaces you use often such as benchtops, desks and doorknobs.
* clean and disinfect objects you use often such as mobile phones, keys, wallets and work passes.
* increase the amount of fresh air by opening windows or changing air conditioning.
- keep 1.5 metres away from others wherever possible.
- avoid physical greetings such as handshaking, hugs and kisses.
- practise extra care if you are using public transport.
- avoid crowds – if you see a crowded space do not enter.
- avoid large public gatherings.
- avoid non-essential meetings. If needed, hold meetings via video conferencing or phone call.
- avoid non-essential travel.
The main value of wearing a mask is to protect other people. If the person wearing the mask is unknowingly infected, wearing a mask will reduce the chance of them passing the virus on to others.
How to wear it properly:
* wash or sanitise your hands before putting it on or taking it off.
* make sure the mask covers your nose and mouth and fits snugly under your chin, over the bridge of your nose and against the sides of your face.
* do not touch the front of your mask while wearing or removing it.
* do not allow the mask to hang around your neck or under your nose.
* do not reuse single use masks; wash and dry reusable masks after use and store in a clean dry place.
Nowchem offers a range of products to keep you and your business Covid Safe.
Ensure you have soap and/or sanitiser available at all times. View our large range of products here.
For more information on how Nowchem can help you keep your business Covid Safe contact your friendly sales representative or call our office on 02 4421 4099.